Ansible News — Ansible Community General collection 7.0.0
Ansible Community General Collection Changelog: New Features, Module Improvements, Bug Fixes, and Deprecations (Stable-7 Branch)
Ansible Community General collection 7.0.0
The page you provided is the changelog for the Ansible Community General collection, specifically the stable-7 branch. This is release 7.0.0 of community.general, released on 2023–05–09:
1.Breaking Changes / Porting Guide:
- If you are not using this collection as part of Ansible, but installed (and/or upgraded) community.general manually, you need to make sure to also install community.sap_libs if you are using any of the sapcar_extract, sap_task_list_execute, and hana_query modules. Without that collection installed, the redirects for these modules do not work.
- ModuleHelper module utils — when the module sets output variables named msg, exception, output, vars, or changed, the actual output will prefix those names with _ (underscore symbol) only when they clash with output variables generated by ModuleHelper itself, which only occurs when handling exceptions. Please note that this breaking change does not require a new major release since before this release, it was not possible to add such variables to the output due to a bug (#5765).
- gconftool2 — fix processing of gconftool-2 when key does not exist, returning null instead of empty string for both value and previous_value return values (#6028).
- gitlab_runner — the default of access_level_on_creation changed from false to true (#6428).
- ldap_search — convert all string-like values to UTF-8 (#5704, #6473).
- nmcli — the default of the hairpin option changed from true to false (#6428).
- proxmox — the default of the unprivileged option changed from false to true (#6428).
2. Module Improvements:
- apache2_module — add module argument warn_mpm_absent to control whether warning are raised in some edge cases (#5793).
- apt_rpm — adds clean, dist_upgrade and update_kernel parameters for clear caches, complete…